Friday, May 11, 2007



Ta DAAAAAAA!


Many thanks to Amanda and her crew of Techies for your unfailing patience! Especially with students like me who are trying to make thier brain cells work between the hours of 12P.M. and 6A.M.(Which was when I did most of my lessons!) Honestly I did learn a lot. I think mabey I can alsmost keep up with my kids now. I wish I could have spent more time on each lesson though. I was rather fast tracking, but hope to go back and have a look again. I'm hoping that workshops will be offered to keep up-to-date. The drop ins were a great help (when I could go). I think for Circ/Reserve staff, because it came at our busiest time of year some like me felt rushed. It depended on other duties as well. It was very difficult to find time at work to complete the course.
I'm feeling a little more comfortable now with the web. Facebook was kinda cool. I might look into putting a photo album on to share with out of town friends.(Now that I know I can make it private and not splash my kids all over the net!) FireFox is next on my list to explore a little more. I definitely like it better than internet explorer. I'd like to have some time to get onto
Second Life. If its the up and coming new tech for us, could you offer workshops on it?
Will I Blog after this? Probably not, mabey for work purposes. I'd like to play around with Wiki some more before we're thrown into it a circ, so I may be calling on you Amanda. Morris Bookmarklet was really impressive. Its great learning whats going on around us and who's been working so hard at what. Great job done by all.
I would definitely participate in another discoveries programme. I'd like to see it offered in workshops as well as online(if your unable to get to a workshop)
Have to get some work done, so gotta go.......Again, thank you so much Amanda, you and your team are amazing.

No comments: